The Silver Chair - Jeremy Northam, C.S. Lewis After reading this book, I regret rating the previous three books of the series with 5 stars the previous three. I loved the Chronicles of Narnia when I was little. Though I hadn't read the books, I had watched numerous times the BBC Series -and yes, I believe it was better than the movies, despite the ridiculous visual effects. (Oh, and the music!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvtV4d9WmM4)

...

Anyway.
As I was less than 10 years old when I was watching the series, and the recent movies were only until The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, my memory of the plot stopped somewhere at the beginning of The Silver Chair, so I couldn't possibly imagine how much better it was, compared to the previous books!

In this book, we encounter Eustace again, who ends up with his friend Jill in Narnia. The book mostly revolves around the actions and thoughts of Jill, as the burden of their dreadful task is mostly on her shoulders: Aslan assigns them to find the lost prince Rillian, son of King Caspian (who is an old man by then) and gives Jill 4 signs that will guide them through their journey. A really pessimistic marsh-wiggle, Puddleglum, joins them in their adventure. His gloomy remarks, which always foresaw death and misery were the funniest thing in the book.

This journey proved far more interesting than I expected, especially the signs. In the end, it really made me wonder how the end could have been different. Oh, tears. Lots of them :(